Flexin' on 'Em! Lowe's Accidentally Sells me Flex 24V Cordless Tools

Per flexpowertools.com, these things don't launch until April 12th:



But, when I looked, I was able to order them on 3/26/2021 for the low-low price (#sarcasm) of $399!



Then, April 1st, the nice FedEx driver delivered the goods.  I can only imagine it was the beginning of the end of someone's job over at Lowe's.



Or was it?  Maybe this was some intentional marketing stunt intended to generate more buzz around the tools.  If so, I played right into their hand.  And at MY expense.  (By the way, donations accepted... I'm not independently wealthy...)

As of this writing, it's only been 20 hours since these were delivered to me.  I prioritized getting the YouTube video filmed, edited and posted.  But I'd like to do a deeper dive here with some high-res photos and such.  So I hope you'll keep an eye on @AlwaysBustedPhilly on Instagram and follow/like the Facebook group facebook.com/AlwaysBustedPhilly so that I can let you know when I get that blog post done.

Also on the to-do list is a head-to-head shootout with Milwaukee M18 Gen 3 tools!  I hope to film that this weekend, 4/3 and get it posted by Sunday night 4/4.  (I do work a full-time job as a consulting engineer, by the way... I actually burned a few hours of PTO to get this filmed yesterday afternoon...)  If you want me to do shootouts with other tools, I'm happy to, but I'd need some support in the form of financial donations or tool donations.  If you're local to Philly, I'm happy to borrow the tool and give it back to you.  I promise, I'm not planning to chuck the drills to each other and run them 'til they catch fire... that's just a waste of good tools.

But until then, God bless you, I hope you and your loved ones are happy, healthy and safe.   Thanks so much for your support of my brand new YouTube channel.  And as usual... It's Always Busted in Philadelphia!



Comments